Firstly lets know some more about Gmail, Gmail is the free e-mail service provided by Google with 15 GB of free space. Gmail is used for both personal and professional communications. You can even manage them by sorting, customizing, and arrange them differently.
How to optimize your Inbox:
1) Use automated labels and filters to clean up your inbox:
Google provide various filter and labels to clean up your inbox. You can create filter to delete, forward and star your mail, or maintain a category to keep specific type of messages out of spam. You can also apply label to incoming messages for example work group, family, friends and many more. Even you can apply filter to remove unnecessary messages from your inbox.
Manage your incoming messages automatically with Gmail’s filters.
2) Easily undo to get back sent messages
There is something imperfect in your email? You just forget to add recipient? Some new idea strike on your mind about sending a message? You can take back a message you just sent for up to 30 second by enabling GMAIL’s UNDO SEND option.
What to do to make sure your undo send option is activated in Gmail.
- Open your Gmail account and go on to the setting option.
- Select General Tab.
- Scroll down to Undo Send and check if it got Enable Undo Send box
- You can also set the cancellation period, if you want.
- At last, click on save changes to Enable Undo Sent.
3) Priority Inbox to focus on important emails.
Yes, you get a large number of emails everyday. Do you get affected by them and how long time you take to go through them? Google provided an option of Priority Inbox that helps you to focus on the emails having high priority messages by automatically dividing them from the rest of your emails. Priority Inbox helps to divide your inbox into 3 parts these are Important and unread, starred and everything else- and the option makes the guess that which option is more important for you, it predicts that what’s important to you, you can even highlight the messages that are significant for you.
How to enable Priority Inbox option :
Open your Gmail account, point towards your inbox label and click the arrow appears just next to Inbox.
From the menu, select the option of Priority Inbox. The option lead to divide the inbox into 3 sections named as:
- Important and unread.
- Everything else.
If you find any message in everything else that should not be placed there, follow the option given here:
- To add the same message to Important and unread, click on the message importance marker it is places on the right of star.
- To add it to Starred, click the message star.
4) Use per-written replies to save time:
Do you find yourself typing a same message regularly? Google provide a service of canned responses by which you can save your time it enable you to create standardized messages for some occasion. With this you not need to type the same message again and again, you can use per- existing email.
- Log in your account in Gmail, go to the setting option, present on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Labs tap.
- Enable the canned responses lab option
- Click on to the Save changes, at the bottom.
5) Mute unnecessary email notification:
If you getting irrelevant emails and you get disturbed by them, then simply mute the conversation to naturally achieve future replies keep your inbox clear and tidy.
- In Gmail, choose the conversation you want to mute.
- Open the conversation select the drop-down sign (more) that is places on the right of forward. Select ‘Mute’
- When you mute the conversation it gets removed from the inbox and gets achieved.
6) By using keyboard shortcuts you can save much time:
If you want to save more and more time and works faster then you must be aware about the keyboard shortcuts and use them. To enable them just follow these simple instruction.
- Open Gmail, click on setting option.
- Go to keyboard shortcut section in the drop down menu and select keyboard shortcut on, that lead to activate the keyboard shortcut.
- At last click on, save changes from the bottom.
7) Deleting large attachment to keep Gmail space :
Large attachment or messages eats up Gmail space, by following simple steps you can remove these large files and attachment from your Gmail account. Searching by size is too simple you just have to type the size and then the minimum number of you want each message to be. For example: For the messages greater than 10 MB you have to type Larger:10M in the search bar and hit enter the mails which are larger then 10 MB appears on the screen and you can delete by selecting them. you can even experiment with different sizes.
If you want to delete old mails with attachments that are more than 5 MB in size, then type the following into search space has:attachment larger:1M older_than:1y then press enter the list of emails appear in the screen select items and delete mails.
To clean out the emails with long time ago. you can use Before:YYYY/MM/DD to specify a cutoff date, or older_than:years if you want to search for mails that are one, two or more years old. For example, if you want mails that are older than one year then you can type older_than:1y then hit enter. The mails get appear on your screen select them according to your choice and delete them.
if you are afraid to forget the command then be happy Google has provided an another option for this click the downward arrow appear on the right side of search bar now you will see the advance search, apply these filter on the simple menu or fill the information you will find the mails according to the information you provide select them and delete them.
|Shortcuts to Delete large files from Gmail Inbox
||Search for E-mails with greater than size
- Type larger:5M in search box, for searching files which are larger than 5 MB.
- The list of emails with size greater than 5MB will appear on the screen
- Choose email, which you want to delete.
Note: You can change the size of file according to your requirement
||Search for E-Mails less than size
- Type smaller:2M in search box, to find the emails with less than 2MB
- The list of emails with size less than 2MB will appear on the screen
- Choose email, which you want to delete.
Note: You can change the size of file according to your requirement.
||Search for mails with Attachment
- Type has:attachment smaller:2M in search box for finding out the emails having attachment of less than 2MB
- Type has:attachment larger:5M for finding out the emails having attachment of greater than 5MB
Note: You can change the size of attachment according to your requirement.
||Search for mails with attachment along with years.
- In search box type has:attachment larger:5M after:2015/11/1 before:2016/11/2 to find out the emails with attachment greater than 5MB which lies after 1 Nov 2015 and before 2 Nov 2016.
Note: You can change the size of attachment or YYYY/MM/DD according to your choice
||Search for mails include Particular word
- Type that particular word in the search box, for example if you are looking for the word “Mesh-Creation”, then type Mesh-Creation on search box. The list of mails including Mesh-Creation get appears on the screen.
- Choose those mails you want to delete.
By following these points you can easily optimize your G-mail inbox.